Conveyancing 2013 update
This course has become widely regarded as being ‘unmissable’ by the many conveyancers who attend year-in and year-out.
This essential update for all residential property practitioners includes the topics listed below, together with an analysis of the implications for practice. In each case a brief review of the background law is given together with a careful explanation of the change. Practical implications for practice and any appropriate drafting issues are included.
[Please note this content is subject to change from time to time, in order to ensure that the most important recent developments are included.]
Topics to be covered include
- New regulatory regime – impact on conveyancing
- ABS for property practice?
- SRA – further proposals
- Lenders and conveyancing
- Conveyancing quality scheme update
- Fraud and conveyancing
- Need to check other conveyancer
- Clients and evidence of mental capacity
- Planning enforcement and deceit
- Registration, priority and bankruptcy
- Valuations of buy-to-let properties
- Conveyancing files and privilege
- Buying subject to easement?
- Beneficial interests and conveyancing
- Lenders selling
- Buy to let and the tenancy deposit schemes
- Lease covenants and installation of solar panels
- Adoption of shared private sewers and drains
- Energy performance certificates – changes
- Selected planning changes
This course will be presented by Peter Reekie who is a Property Training Consultant with Penningtons. He is also Visiting Professor at The University of Law. He is Consultant Materials Editor for the University of Law’s Structured Commercial Property Programme, Consultant Editor of The Conveyancing Handbook and Assistant Editor of Property Law UK Newsletter.
CLT Member Fee £210.00 + VAT
Non Member Fee £420.00 +VAT
Venue Chichester at TBC
To book click here